I’ve only got one word. Yes. Just ONE BLOODY WORD to describe the experience of watching the Avengers Movie @ IMAX in 3D.
The level of awesomeness is SO high that no words are enough to describe it. And I’m not kidding. I’m pretty sure those of you who have actually watched it would agree with me.
Before anything, here’s the synopsis of The Avengers:
Marvel Studios presents Marvel’s Avengers Assemble — the Super Hero team-up of a lifetime, featuring iconic Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow. When an unexpected enemy emerges threatening global safety and security, Nick Fury; Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D., finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins…
Starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Tom Hiddleston, with Stellan Skarsgård and Samuel L. Jackson, and written and directed by Joss Whedon, Marvel’s Avengers Assemble is based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series “The Avengers,” first published in 1963 and a comics institution ever since.
Prepare yourself for an exciting event movie, packed with action and spectacular special effects, when Marvel’s Avengers Assemble hits cinemas on April 26 2012.
The movie was definitely not a disappointment at all. Everyone had their fair share of screen time:
Tony Stark aka Ironman (Robert Downey Jr.) with his snarkiness
Steve Rogers aka Captain America(Chris Evans) and his die-heart soldier’s attitude
Bruce Banner aka The Hulk along with his brute strength and intelligence
Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and his trusty hammer
Clint Barton aka Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) with Agent Natalia Romanova aka Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) equipped with an archery set and pistols respectively, and of course their skills in assassination.
And how can we forget ‘the man himself’ who brought together the entire team –
Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson)
and our badass villian, Asgardian Loki (Tom HIddleston).
Each characters have their own personality/quirks, which initially made them a ‘ticking time bomb’ as quoted by Bruce Banner. Stark and Bruce became quick buddies because of their wit and intellect (nobody else understood what they were saying when they spoke about astro-physics). Steve Rogers and Stark hated each other’s guts in the beginning and oh yeah, because of how Thor took Loki away, Stark had a battle with Thor. (Stark headbutt Thor, a demigod, and nearly had his own armor dented when Thor returned one of his own)
Of course, they did eventually learn to work as a team…through some external intervention. Yes. The interventions usually includes being ass-whipped by the enemy, including Hawkeye who…well…had a spell cast on him by Loki and ended up being mind-controlled.
Initially simply portrayed as an action-filled show, I was very surprised to find a hell lot of comedic scenes in there as well. None of which came across as lame to me. The humor is subtle yet it tickled my funny bone enough to give me a tummyache laughing.
Here are some favourite scenes of mine from the movie: (SPOILERS AHEAD!)
1. Loki gets whacked by Hulk after declaring himself a god, with Hulk walking away saying ‘Puny God’ (chibi comic: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/150144_309750869101909_259499150793748_757050_1386423082_n.jpg)
2. Thor and Ironman (Stark) have a headbutting session during their fight scenes, with Ironman getting a dent in his suit.
3. After Nick Fury uses the ‘flying monkey’ reference with regards to Loki’s mind control ability, everyone turns to Captain America (Steve Rogers), as if wondering if he caught the reference, which he did.
4. How Black Widow acted (either that or made a supremely quick recovery) during her interrogation of Loki, getting the necessary information for the team.
5. Thor getting slammed into by Tony just after he telling Loki to listen up, to which of course the Asgardian simply sat and smiled in reply, ‘I’m listening’ to thin air.
6. The fight scenes between the aliens and the Avengers. All of it.
7. Loki announcing to Tony that he has an Army while Tony simply replied ‘We have a Hulk’ in a nonchalant manner.
8. Hawkeye twisting and turning around mid-jump off a building and shoot. *fangirl mode activated*
9. Loki’s costume morph from a normal tuxedo suit into his god costume.
10. Thor receiving a random punch from Hulk and he flies off-screen.
11. ALL THE AVENGERS WORKING TOGETHER AS A TEAM DESPITE THEIR INITIAL DIFFERENCES TO AVENGE EARTH!!!!!
And there’re some subtle references to other movies as well…(Twilight and Starwars) go fig XD
So yeah, that’s about it.
Really, go watch it. You will NOT regret it I tell you.
P.S. Go onto Youtube and have fun watching the clips if you haven’t ^^